Lower Limb Mobilisation/Manipulation
What Is Joint Manipulation?
Joint manipulation is a very old form of treatment that has been utilised by many medical professions over the years, in podiatry however it is only now becoming popular. Every joint in the foot can be manipulated. Such manipulations can produce some very powerful results where other modalities have failed.
Benefits Of Joint Manipulation
Podiatrists utilise manipulation/mobilisation to help mobilise patients feet and foot pathology. This can be useful when other modalities have failed such medications, stretching, orthotics and surgery in extreme cases. The results of manipulations vary from individual from single session of manipulation can provide pain relief whilst several manipulation sessions might be needed for more complex musculoskeletal problems.
Benefits of Foot Manipulations include the following:
- Alternative to surgery, cortisone injections and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Increases the range of motion within a joint or 'stiff' joint
- Promotes joint fluid lubrication
- Relives muscle tension, muscle spasms and improves muscle function and strength
- Relieves instant relief to aching joints